The church sees Baptism as an initiation, a welcoming of a person into the Christian family, a rite which joins the baptized to a community of believers linked together by ties of faith, grace and love.
If you would like your child, age 6 or under, to be baptized at St. Joan of Arc you should start preparing approximately two months before the desired month of Baptism. Please follow these steps:
- Fill out the Baptismal Information Form and return it to Parish Office. Once you have submitted your form, contact the Parish Office (925) 830-0600 to schedule your Pre-Baptism session.
- Attend a Pre-Baptism session. This is a community building session with a Pre-Baptism team member(s). Parents attend the session to gain insight into the primary Sacrament of Initiation which is Baptism and how they are the primary faith educators for their child. The session helps parents and Godparents prepare for the Sacrament.
- St. Joan of Arc celebrates the Sacrament of Baptism at 1:30 p.m. on designated Sundays.
Preparation for a child, grade 3 to high school senior, please contact our Children’s Sacrament Coordinator, Mary Machi, at 925 830-4710 to learn more.
Preparation for adults, ages 18 and up, please contact our RCIA coordinator, Maureen Tiffany, at 925 830-0600 to learn more.
Confirmation seals our Baptism and confirms our commitment to a Christian life.
- Preparation for teens: Begins in grade nine. Teens should contact the Youth Ministry office (925) 830-4720.
- Preparation for adults: Parishioners over 18 years of age should contact the Parish Office.
Eucharist celebrates our life together as a community with the presence of Christ in our midst.
First Communion for children is typically received in the second grade, with preparation beginning in our first grade Faith Formation program.
Children older than second grade, should contact our Children’s Sacrament Coordinator, Mary Machi, at 925 830-4710 to learn more.
Parishioners nine years of age to adult are encouraged to contact the Children’s Faith Formation Office for further information.
We are called to conversion, we ask for forgiveness, and we forgive others in the act of confession.
The sacrament of reconciliation is offered every Saturday at 4:30 PM in the church or by appointment. Please call the Parish Office if you wish to set up an appointment.
Anointing of the Sick
For any age when we ask God’s healing during sickness and suffering.
- For anyone experiencing chronic illness or preparing for medical treatment, surgery, long-term care, etc., please call the Parish Office to arrange an appointment with a priest. St. Joan of Arc offers a Communal Anointing of the Sick the 1st Saturday of the month at 9:00 a.m.
Check out our marriage resources. They are for those contemplating marriage, those that have been recently married and for those that have been married for a while.
One of the Sacraments of Vocation, Ordination is the sacramental celebration through which a man becomes a deacon, priest or bishop and is enabled to minister in Christ’s name and that of the Church.
If you or someone you know might be feeling called to ordained ministry, you can find more information at http://www.oakdiocese.org/vocations