The church sees Baptism as an initiation, a welcoming of a person into the Christian family, a rite which joins the baptized to a community of believers linked together by ties of faith, grace and love.
If you would like your child, age 6 or under, to be baptized at St. Joan of Arc you should start preparing approximately two months before the desired month of Baptism. Please follow these steps:
- Fill out the Baptismal Information Form and return it to Parish Office.
- Attend a Pre-Baptismal session. This is a community building session with a Pre-Baptism team member(s) and come together with the parents for prayer and discussion centered around topics relating to Baptism and the Christian Community. Contact the Parish Office (925) 830-0600 to schedule your session.
- Celebration of Baptism St. Joan of Arc celebrates the Sacrament of Baptism at designated Masses on Saturday/Sunday or at 1:30 p.m. on the 1st and 4th Sunday of the month.
Preparation for a child, age 7-17, please contact our Children’s Sacrament Coordinator, Anna Humaydan, at 925 830-4720 to learn more.
Preparation for adults, ages 18 and up, please contact our RCIA coordinator, Maureen Tiffany, at 925 830-0600 to learn more.
Confirmation seals our Baptism and confirms our commitment to a Christian life.
- Preparation for teens: Begins in grade nine. Teens should contact the Youth Ministry office (925) 830-4720.
- Preparation for adults: Parishioners over 18 years of age should contact the Parish Office.
Eucharist celebrates our life together as a community with the presence of Christ in our midst.
First Communion for children is typically received in the second grade, with preparation beginning in our first grade Faith Formation program.
Children older than second grade, should contact our Children’s Sacrament Coordinator, Anna Humaydan, at 925 830-4720 to learn more.
Parishioners nine years of age to adult are encouraged to contact the Children’s Faith Formation Office for further information.
We are called to conversion, we ask for forgiveness, and we forgive others in the act of confession.
The sacrament of reconciliation is offered every Saturday at 4:30 PM in the church or by appointment. Please call the Parish Office if you wish to set up an appointment.
Anointing of the Sick
For any age when we ask God’s healing during sickness and suffering.
- For anyone experiencing chronic illness or preparing for medical treatment, surgery, long-term care, etc., please call the Parish Office to arrange an appointment with a priest. St. Joan of Arc offers a Communal Anointing of the Sick the 1st Saturday of the month at 9:00 a.m.
A wedding can be scheduled at St. Joan of Arc Church for a parishioner or immediate family member. We request that the couple complete the Marriage Questionnaire and return it to the Parish Office, before a meeting is scheduled with a priest. This must be done at least six months prior to the proposed wedding date.
Check out our marriage resources. They are for those contemplating marriage, those that have been recently married and for those that have been married for a while.
Ordination integrates men into the holy orders of bishops, priests and deacons, empowering them for a lifetime of leadership and service in the Church.
- If interested in this vocation or if you have questions please contact the Parish Office.